Capital costs: Funding of the land purchase for the Green and its establishment over three years was covered by a 50% contribution by National Lottery provided matching funds could be raised. Generous contributions were made to meet this requirement by:
|Bernard Sunley Charitable Trust||Western Power|
|Challenge Adventure Charities||Erica Leonard Trust|
|Leonard Trust||Mid Devon District Council|
|Northcott Trust||Amory Trust|
|Many others including those who gave their time.|
Running costs: A backup fund has been established from donations which is run by a separate Charitable Trust called the Thorverton Rural, Environmental and Amenities Trust (TREAT) and having the same Trustees as TMGT. Interest from this fund currently covers the insurance of the Green.
- Insurance. Basic 3rd party cover from interest on our small capital fund.
- All other maintenance. Currently covered by individual donations
- Mowing Equipment. Currently provided by an individual
- Website. To be decided
- Projects Wild flower seed, for example. Currently by individual donation
- One off larger projects. (Stream maintenance) may require a special appeal
Currently we receive no grants from any public Bodies.