Capital costs: Funding of the land purchase for the Green and its establishment over three years was covered by a 50% contribution by National Lottery provided matching funds could be raised. Generous contributions were made to meet this requirement by:
|Bernard Sunley Charitable Trust||Western Power|
|Challenge Adventure Charities||Erica Leonard Trust|
|Leonard Trust||Mid Devon District Council|
|Northcott Trust||Amory Trust|
|Many others including those who gave their time.|
Running costs: A backup fund has been established from donations which is run by a separate Charitable Trust called the Thorverton Rural, Environmental and Amenities Trust (TREAT) and having the same Trustees as TMGT. Interest from this fund currently covers the insurance of the Green. The trustees welcome donations and bequests. (Do think of us when you draw up a will.)
- Insurance. Basic 3rd party cover from interest from capital fund.
- All other maintenance. Currently covered by individual donations. Volunteers manage the strimming and cutting of nettles and brambles etc.
- Mowing Equipment. Currently provided by an individual. The long grass is cut (or harvested) by a local farmer.
- Website. This has now been established.
- Projects Wild flower seed, for example. Currently by individual donation – Kew Gardens gave us seeds in 2018.
- One off larger projects.
- Steps down to the peninsular were constructed by trustees and volunteers with donated concrete slabs.
- During the wet winter of 2017-2018 a path of concrete steps was placed in the mud in the narrows.
- Bridge construction (2018) by trustees and volunteers using existing trees form the north bank of the stream.
Currently we receive no grants from any Public Bodies.